Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Photo Diary: February 2015

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

What comes to your mind when you look back at February?

For me, it's cold and snow...
And more cold.
And more snow.
It was the coldest February on record here in the northeast,
and I think it snowed every Sunday night, and in between, too.
The snow that fell in January is still here,
and I, for one, am sick of looking at it.
At least I didn't have to commute into NYC for work.
Other than the weather, the month was uneventul.
I'm good with that, but I am really looking forward to spring. 
Farewell, February!
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

******************
February 1
Superbowl Sunday! Prepared tons of game day food for Junior Goo Shoes and his friends. Wings, pigs, pizza bites...and antipasto on a stick. Recipes coming!

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 2
Groundhog saw his shadow today, and we got lots of snow. Second year in a row it snowed on Superbowl night, closing schools the next day. Even Mother Nature thinks Monday after Superbowl should be a holiday.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 3
Digging out. At least the roads are clear.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
February 4
Seems like a good day to start a puzzle. Bad picture from my iPhone.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
February 5
The Today Show studio across the street from my dentist in Rockefeller Center, NYC.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
February 6
My big news is announced! I'm one of the new co-hosts at Best of the Weekend!

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 7
Discovered a great organic cafe...True Cafe, in Nyack, NY...the place that inspired my carrot-apple-coconut muffins.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 8
Sadie snow-face.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 9
Snowy bird house. Helloooooo? Anybody home in there?

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
February 10
Meeting a friend/former co-worker for Greek food in New York City at Kellari Taverna (W.44th Street between 5th and 6th).

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 11
Visiting a friend in central NJ who is lucky enough to have this great view from her back door.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
February 12
Can't get enough Middle Eastern food. Hummus bowls with mushrooms and onions with my good friend. Clearly, this cell phone picture does not make it look appetizing. 

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
February 13
Yeah, so I bought this cannister at Home Goods, and broke it before I even got in the car, by hitting it against the door.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 14
Happy Valentine's Day heart cookies.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes February 15
It's the Great Backyard Bird Count weekend! One of the two red-bellied woodpeckers I spotted.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 16
It's a bit nippy. I know I'm not getting any sympathy from those of you experiencing sub-zero temperatures, but this is COLD for NJ.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 17
Today's lunch special: Gummy worms and muffins.
 
February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
February 18
Green leaf. Frozen.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
February 19
My old Keurig finally conked out. Got the new one with carafe.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
February 20
Date night with Mr. Goo Shoes. Meatballs and broccoli rabe.
 
February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 21
I'm m-m-melting!

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
February 22
Multi-tasking at breakfast. My camera was on the table, too, but I had to use it to take this picture.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
February 23
Blue jay hanging it's head in shame?

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes 
February 24
Tulips in the kitchen. Thinking spring.
 
February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
 
February 25
An avocado a day...that's what they say. Oh. Well, anyway, 
that's what I say. Kind of counteracts the gummy candy.

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 26
Aw, shucks! Somebody misses me!

 
February 27 
Selfie under the cone of silence at the hairdresser in SoHo, New York City.
 
February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

February 28
Progress on the puzzle. Uh, not too much. 

February 2015 Photo Diary | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Two good things to look forward to:
one week until we change the clocks...
and three weeks till spring!
Happy March!


14 comments:

  1. Well, someone's been busy!!
    We bought the new Keureg as well. I am afraid it is going to start up and go into orbit, taking us with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has been a busy, productive fun month. It's always nice to look behind when beginning a new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has been a busy, productive fun month. It's always nice to look behind when beginning a new chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I had a blast checking out your February diary!
    The Blue Jay picture cracked me up, such a witty capture!
    Hugs,
    Merisi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of pictures! Love it- I really love the next to last one. It makes me think of the old Coneheads on Saturday Night Live. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha - cone of silence. That's a keeper and now I will always think of that at the salon. We are on puzzle #3 since Christmas. This one is slow going. Love your monthly pics as always. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know salons still had those cone head dryers!! I don't go to a salon because my daughter is a hair stylist at a high end one and I can't afford her! She does my hair at home. Fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Miss Sadie Snow Face! So sorry you broke that glass canister. Now, if my dentist was located where yours is, I would not dread going as much--mine is next to Publix and all I have to look forward to is a trip there after!

    Amy, I hope your March photo diary will bring a true beginning to you and all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing your month in pictures. Love that selfie under the unusual shaped hair dryer! I think it's so cool that you do so much in the heart of NYC! I can't believe your dentist is right across from the NBC news studio too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your monthly photo diary ... that blue jay photo is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I too liked your monthly photo diary too. I love that the photo of you in the hair dryer! Hopefully March will have less snow and can't wait for 40 degrees! LOL! Have a lovely day and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a very snowy month! I agree with your "an avocado a day" idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your photos. I love looking at, playing in the snow...but you're right. I've over it! Thanks to your new partnership, I've been trying to cook more...Last night...epic fail! Hopefully, I can get better at this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always fun to view your photo diary for the month! :)

    Well I checked our forecast and it's more of the same...with a bit of freezing rain before the next round of cold and snow. Variety! :)

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.