Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring on the Buffet...and the Brooklyn Gang

Spring Buffet - Spring greens and yellows are a nice way to add a touch of spring. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Which season's arrival do you await with the most anticipation?

That's a slightly different question than "what's your favorite season?"

Although summer is my favorite season, 
for me, the arrival of spring is the sweetest...

Appreciation for nature's rebirth, warmer temperatures, 
longer days, spring flowers, and outdoor time
 is heightened after enduring cold, gray days.
  
Spring Buffet - Spring greens and yellows are a nice way to add a touch of spring. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

 After another harsh winter,
I can't wait to park my caboose in a deck chair. 
But, as there's still a good amount of snow on the deck,
 I"ll have to settle for some indoor springy-ness.

Spring Buffet - Spring greens and yellows are a nice way to add a touch of spring. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
  It's the perfect time to add a little spring to the inside of house, 
as we're having some friends over this weekend.
It's our quarterly "Brooklyn Gang" get-together!
Mr. Goo Shoes has been best friends 
with three guys from Brooklyn since they were kids.
They called themselves the "Four Floating Jeffersonians,"
because they went to Thomas Jefferson High School,
and wore shoes that were called "floaters."
I'd give anything to go back in time for a visual of that!
Mr. Goo Shoes lost touch with them for many years, 
but they re-united about 20ish years ago.

Spring Buffet - Spring greens and yellows are a nice way to add a touch of spring. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
  Have I ever told you that story?
 It's one of my faves.
Mr. Goo Shoes and I were living in NYC at the time,
and we were at a neighborhood bagel store having breakfast. 
I was eating a bagel stuffed with whitefish salad.
Every time I took a bite, gobs of whitefish 
gushed out of the other side of my bagel,
and plopped onto my plate.
I was horrified that a guy sitting several tables away 
kept staring at me, while I ate in a most unladylike fashion.


Spring Buffet - Spring greens and yellows are a nice way to add a touch of spring. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

We left the bagel store, and stood on the corner of 86th and 1st,
waiting for the light to change. 
And suddenly, there's whitefish-watching guy next to us...
and he says to Mr. GS...
"Excuse me, are you Mr. Goo Shoes?" 
(well, Mr. Goo Shoes wasn't Mr. Goo Shoes at the time, 
but he doesn't like me using his name in my blog posts).

Spring Buffet - Spring greens and yellows are a nice way to add a touch of spring. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

As soon as Mr. GS heard the voice, 
he knew it was one of his oldest childhood friends.
Turned out, he lived right around the corner from us with his girlfriend (now wife), 
and the rest is history.
The four guys and their wives are now the closest of friends,
and get together every few months.
It's our turn to host this weekend. 

Spring Buffet - Spring greens and yellows are a nice way to add a touch of spring. | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes
There will be lots of laughs, and tons of food...

 And by the way, whitefish salad is not on the menu.



LINKING WITH:
Best Of The Weekend
Home Sweet Home
Let's Get Real 
Feathered Nest Friday 
Metamorphosis Monday
Treasure Box Tuesday 
The Scoop 
Tweak It Tuesday  
Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party
Wow Us Wednesday 
Wake Up Wednesday 
Share Your Style 

18 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, you touches of spring look so pretty in your house! I love the story of you in the bagel store. I hope you have a great time this weekend with the Brooklyn gang!
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I LOVE this story, Amy! And your spring additions are beautiful. Yellow (and lemons) just scream spring, don't they?? Hope you guys have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that funny that we think someone is looking at us and we're self-conscious and it is someone else the whole time? May they have the best of times.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great friends to have and the relationship s must be special since they known one another since kids. Love your decor

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story...and like something out of a movie. Your place is looking lovely all decked out for the Brooklyn Floaters party. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post has had the effect of making me long for something - anything - with whitefish salad in or on it. Yum!
    Old friends, people who 'knew you when' are precious. Have a good time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the spring touch you have in your home decor, it looks fresh and also gives an exciting spring feeling. I am also most awaiting for spring because I know that summer comes next :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, me too, begins in the spring, the first flowers come from the earth, the sun more and more and I am waiting for the stork, which has a seat at the neighbors and the possibility of working in the garden:-)
    Beautiful spring scenery from you. A meeting with friends from the past is a unique time
    Yours very warm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea to decorate in green and yellow for the season: it reminds me of daffodils. Have fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute story! Your buffet is bright and spring-y and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this springy set up. I'm so over winter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your spring buffet - very pretty! And cute story about you eating the whitefish and your hubby. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I love the color scheme.
    Thank you for sharing on the Wake Up Wednesday link party! Hope to see you next week!
    Kate | TheOrganizedDream.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that beautiful clock as a backdrop to your wonderful spring display. Hope you and your hubby enjoy the visit with his old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ray ban sunglasses outlet australia cheap ray ban sunglasses australia encouraging smile, the original sale such a great ideal, though do not know can not succeed. ray ban sunglasses outlet australia local emperor under it. Eyes ray ban aviator sunglasses sale and a stagnation, surprise said. Just a Sanjiang province it. cheap Oh I want to cry and said yes. Surprised not help, ray ban sunglasses outlet australia sale, so cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses you would have thought well, control Sanjiang province, then that is

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pop of green and yellow. Looks great! Such a beautiful clock. With it being open like that you could mount it in a frame and change out the background color for the seasons.

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.